SAFE IN YOUR POCKET
The Elvis & Kresse Billfold Wallet is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK, the hose softens with use but doesn't lose its strength. The wallet is lined with reclaimed military-grade parachute silk. Fear not, although it is naturally water resistant and extremely durable – your contactless card (if you have one) works right through the hose.
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
We fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. We took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of our profits to charity.
For over a decade we have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Our Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions closed: H 9.5 x W 12 x D 1.5 cm
- Exterior: Choice of genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Handmade with hand-painted edges
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Presented in a reclaimed printing blanket pouch
- Contactless card friendly
- Sections for 8 x credit cards, 2 additional pockets for business cards, and a divided section for notes and foreign currency
- Robust construction
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- 30% of profits go to Queensland Firefighters Charity
- Repaired for life