FIRE & HIDE COSMETIC CASE
The Fire & Hide Cosmetics Case combines hand-woven rescued leather and decommissioned fire hose and is lined with reclaimed parachute silk. The intricate leather is handwoven and stitched creating a stunning case that is ideal for carrying all of your vital cosmetics and products. Its fire-hose base means the case is water resistant where it needs to be and the internal zip pocket keeps your jewellery or smaller items securely stored away. Perfect for an elegant weekend away.
We are excited to be able to offer our Cosmetics Case in so many various finite leather colours now. The leather we rescue comes to us in very limited quantities, which means we can only ever craft a few pieces of any colour. The variations we have available will continuously change according to what leather off-cuts we are able to rescue.
THE FIRE & HIDE COLLECTION
In 2005 we fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose. Determined to save it from landfill we took this lifesaving material home, gave it a second chance, and vowed to donate 50% of the profits to the Fire Fighters Charity. But fire-hose was just the beginning.
Every year, 800,000 tonnes of leather ends up on the cutting room floor. Our leather partners cherish their hides, but no matter how carefully they cut their patterns, there will always be small seemingly unusable offcuts. To rescue this leather we developed a unique modular approach. We hand weave these fragments into whole new hides then lovingly recraft them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Our commitment to rescuing British fire-hoses remains the same, the trim, handles and internal detailing of the Fire & Hide range are all made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. And we continue to donate 50% of profits to charity.
Our Fire & Hide Collection represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 19 x W 26 x D 10 cm
- Exterior: Combination of rescued leather and genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose with various leather colours
- Elegant timeless design
- Internal zip pocket
- Wipe-clean and water resistant fire-hose base
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Repaired for life
- 30% of profits go to Queensland Firefighters Charity