FIRE & HIDE PURSE
AN EVERYDAY ESSENTIAL
The Fire & Hide purse combines hand-woven rescued leather and decommissioned fire hose and is lined with reclaimed parachute silk. This is a classic style offering maximum organisational potential in one sleek shape that zips closed on 3 sides. It features 12 credit card slots, a zipped coin compartment, a section for notes and 2 additional sections for receipts or (in Kresse's case) your phone.
Voted the best purse to store all of your essentials in style by The Independent in 2019. "Elvis & Kresse’s roomy wallet ticked all the boxes in terms of style, craftsmanship, sustainability and values, and for that reason it’s our winner."
THE FIRE & HIDE COLLECTION
In 2005 we fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose. Determined to save it from landfill we took this lifesaving material home, gave it a second chance, and vowed to donate 50% of the profits to the Fire Fighters Charity. But fire-hose was just the beginning.
Every year, 800,000 tonnes of leather ends up on the cutting room floor. Our leather partners cherish their hides, but no matter how carefully they cut their patterns, there will always be small seemingly unusable offcuts. To rescue this leather we developed a unique modular approach. We hand weave these fragments into whole new hides then lovingly recraft them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Our commitment to rescuing British fire-hoses remains the same, the trim, handles and internal detailing of the Fire & Hide range are all made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. And we continue to donate 50% of profits to charity.
Our Fire & Hide Collection represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 18 x W 11 x D 2 cm
- Exterior: Combination of rescued leather and genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Handmade with hand-painted edges
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
- Section for notes and two additional sections for receipts and documents or a smartphone
- Zipped internal coin compartment
- Twelve sections for credit cards or business cards
- Voted the best purse by The Independent
- Elegant timeless design
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose with various leather colours
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Repaired for life
- 30% of profits go to Queensland Firefighters Charity