A COMPACT PURSE
The Elvis & Kresse Folding Purse is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose, previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK. It features 6 credit card slots, a section for notes, 2 additional sections for business cards and a large separate pocket for coins.
Available in red hose.
If you choose the personalisation option, this is achieved by laser etching directly into the fire-hose. We recommend not more than 20 characters. The font used is Times New roman.
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
We fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. We took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of our profits to charity.
For over a decade we have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Our Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions closed: H 10 x W 12 x D 3 cm
- Exterior: Genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or reclaimed printing blanket
- Handmade with hand-painted edges
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Presented in a rescued tea sack pouch
- Oyster card friendly
- 6 credit card slots, a section for notes, and a separate snap compartment for coins.
- Robust snap open design
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean