READY FOR EVERY ADVENTURE
The Elvis & Kresse Large Washbag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and lined with waste parachute silk. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK, fire-hose makes a perfect wash bag. Strong enough to tackle the toughest conditions first time around, the hose has been re-engineered to protect your toiletries – the hose itself is obviously waterproof, protecting what’s inside but perhaps more importantly protecting what’s outside from leaky shampoo bottles and exploding toothpaste tubes..
Chosen as one of the best washbags by The Independent; the Large Washbag is available in red hose, yellow hose or black printing blanket. The latter version is made from reclaimed printing blankets combined with our signature decommissioned fire-hose, making a bold statement. The re-engineered printing blanket creates a visually stunning textile that is strong and beautiful to the touch. This iteration maintains all the design features of the full fire-hose versions as described above.
If you choose the personalisation option, this is achieved by laser etching directly into the fire-hose. We recommend not more than 20 characters. The font used is Times New Roman.
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
We fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. We took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of our profits to charity.
For over a decade we have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Our Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represent a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 14 x W 24 x D 14 cm
- Exterior: Choice of genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or reclaimed printing blanket
- Handmade with hand-painted edges
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
- External zip pocket
- Brother to the Medium Washbag
- Voted one of the best Travel Washbags by The Independent
- Robust Construction
- Available in Red, rare Yellow fire-hose, or Black printing blanket
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- 30% of profits go to Queensland Fighters Charit
- Personalisation Available
- International delivery
- Repaired for life