The Elvis & Kresse Messenger Bag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and a has a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk lining. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 30 years, fighting fires around the UK, the hose is perfectly robust for an every day bag and the full length flap, with hidden magnet closures, will keep your valuables safe. It has an internal zip pocket, a laptop divider and 1 full length zipped pocket under the flap.
WHAT CAN YOU FIT IN THERE?
This is a deceptively roomy bag, big enough for a 13" laptop, an A4 pad and all your other daily essentials, but small enough just to chuck in your tablet, wallet and keys and go....
We also offer a Limited Edition 'Print Room' version of our classic Messenger bag. Made from reclaimed printing blankets combined with our signature decommissioned fire-hose, this limited edition bag really makes a statement. The re-engineered black printing blanket creates a visually stunning textile that is strong and beautiful to the touch. This version of the bag maintains all the design features of the full fire-hose version as described above.
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
We fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. We took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of our profits to charity.
For over a decade we have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Our Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 26 x W 34 x D 11 cm
- Max Strap Drop: 72 cm
- Exterior: Choice of genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or reclaimed printing blanket
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a shopping or delicate-wash bag
- Padded central divider and laptop pocket
- One external and one internal zip pocket
- Full length flap with hidden magnetic closure
- Practical design
- Available in Red, rare Yellow fire-hose
- Adjustable shoulder strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life